Monday, November 9, 2009

Goodnight Moon...Goodnight Mouse...Goodnight....

For one of my showers, my college girlfriends had a purse party where we all got to design our own bags and then they gave me a ridiculous number of gifts for Connor! One of the things they did was each girl had picked a children's book and brought it for Connor. Written inside each of the covers is a message from one of them. I LOVE it. Everytime I pick up one of the books I think of them and how special they are to me! Last night we read "Where the Wild Things Are" which was given to me by my dear friend Becky. Brings a smile to my face every time I open one of their books. (So if you ever happen to give a book to someone - Connor or others - consider writing a message or at least your name...its such a special thing to be reminded of who it came from!)

We have also been blessed with getting books for others and hope to continue to add to the collection. Books (I think) are such an important thing to a child and their development. I look forward to the days where we can read big books together just like my mom did with us. I distinctly remember from my childhood the whole Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe series were one of my favorites! Each night we'd get another chapter which kept us thinking about what was going to happen next. Right now I can barely make it through Goodnight Moon with Connor - but I'll keep trying and we'll get there!
Here are some of our growing book collection:


Some pictures of the little man today: (check out those chubby chubby cheeks!!!)


I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Adabella Radici

No comments:

Post a Comment