Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 - What a Year!

As we look forward to the new adventures that 2010 will bring us we can't help but pause for a moment and think about what a year 2009 was! This one will surely go into the record books as being a year full of unexpected joys and sorrows. I thought we'd reflect on what 2009 brought us.....

2009 - a year in review:
  • January: We receive the (shocking) news that we are expecting a little one. (January 21st to be exact - Inaguration Day....I won't soon forget it!) For those that know the story of how I found out I was pregnant you'll probably be entertained by the picture below because yes, after the doctor told me I was pregnant I went to Walgreen's and bought a pregnancy test because I wasn't sure she was right - ha! (and then Dan took a picture of it...)






  • February: Dan and I head to Las Vegas for a long weekend - stayed at the Luxor, went to the Hoover Dam, and saw the Beatles LOVE Show at the Mirage (well I saw parts of it...I slept thru part of it too - opps ....hey I was pregnant and Dan insisted we go to the late show - ha!) Fun weekend!






  • March: Connor's first pictures! If only he knew how many more pictures he'd be having taken in his lifetime to come! :)






  • April: Dan's cousin Andy and his wife Jill welcome the absolutely perfect and precious Marietta Sue Bean into the world on April 1st.





  • May: Our close friends Mollie and Matt were married in DePere, WI. I was honored to stand up as a bridesmaid on such a beautiful and special day (and you can't even tell that 5 days before the wedding I could no longer zip my dress closed - ha!) AND we find out we're having a BOY!








  • June: Nathan Anthony Rose is welcomed into this world by Dad Eric, Mom Shelley, and big sister Abby on June 3rd. My Grandma goes in for her hip replacement - it was a long journey for her after this but we're thankful that she is a survivor. Our apartment buildings underground garage floods - both of our vehicles are totaled. (It was quite a month!)



  • July: I have the distinct honor of throwing my sister a wonderful baby shower filled with great friends in Peru, IL. and we are thrown a shower by the Beans/Paulsrud near Eau Claire!



  • August: Our very first niece arrives - Grace Elizabeth Leffler joins the world on Friday August 7, 2009 at 7:09 PM. I am VERY pregnant





  • September: Connor James Paulsrud arrives on Friday September 4, 2009 at 1:49 AM








  • October: Connor and Nate Rose are baptized at St. Anthony on the Lake Catholic Church at October 11, 2009 by Deacon Mike Finley. My cousin Erin gives birth to two beautiful baby boys - Nolan and Jacob on October 15th. First Halloween celebrated in Eau Claire as a giraffe!

        • Nolan and Jacob!

          Our little giraffe!




  • November: Our first big trip as a family - we flew to San Diego and got to meet Nolan and Jacob for the first time! Connor got to hang out at the beach and even dipped his toes in the ocean!






  • December: We celebrate Connor's first Christmas! Dan turns 30!




No comments:

Post a Comment