Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Down for the count

Well I suppose it's to my readers advantage that I am down for the count today - as its giving me a (much needed) chance to update the blog. I pulled a muscle in my lower back on the train on Sunday and did something to aggravate it yesterday afternoon and by last night I was pretty much not able to move.



Gosh - I officially have deepest sympathy for anyone that has had back troubles (SORRY DAD!) because you seriously cannot move without being in pain. You can't stand, walk, lay down, sit...ANYTHING without this shooting pain. When I woke up this morning the pain had started to move down my whole left side, including shooting pain down my leg. Hard to describe the pain - but the only thing I've ever experienced more painful has been NATURAL childbirth...so yes, very painful.



My doctor isn't in on Wednesdays so back to the walk in clinic doctor I went (not gonna lie the last time I was at the walk in clinic I was told I was pregnant...so I got some interesting emotions while waiting) and was basically told what I already knew - I have pulled a muscle and I'm experiencing some spasms and straight pain as a result. (Gee - so glad I paid money for that) The hard part is there isn't much they can do for you other than pain meds and to relax.



I'm now waiting to hear from my OB on what I can take to help alleviate the pain while still nursing or if this might cause us to move to all formula - ugh!



Wish me a speedy recovery and/or just comfort/to find a spot on can sit or lay in without pain - ha!



Here's what Connor thinks about his mom not being able to pick him up.....(doesn't he look worried?!?)

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, he looks like he is feeling your pain here.
    Feel better soon Julie!!
    Gramma Paulsrud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! Conner looks like such a big grown up boy (the weight of the world...for sure)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete