Wednesday, May 12, 2010

8 Months

Last Tuesday Connor turned 8 months.  We had an insane week here so despite constantly reminding myself that I needed to sit down and write...it just didn't happen.  But a week late - here it is!

 
My little Connor....doesn't seem so little anymore!  Here are the things I want to remember most about you turning 8 months:
  • You have one tooth - bottom/right.  (Well I guess I should clarify that as of your 8 month mark you had one and I'm happy to say the second tooth popped through on Monday so now there are two!) It is impossible to try to get a picture of it...trust me, I've tried. 
  • You have moved up to your big boy car seat - everytime I look at you in the seat I giggle...it looks like the most plush thing I've ever seen.  Fairly certain you are riding in the Cadallic of car seats my dear. You are still rear facing but sit a little more upright now and definitely have more room.
  • You love to giggle giggle giggle.  Oh my can you laugh and it is absolutely contagious!
  • You are sitting up really good on your own, you are sitting up great, reaching and grabbing at things!
  • You have gone to physical therapy twice to try to get you motivated to start rolling/make moves at crawling.  Your therapist Rachel at Children's Memorial in Milwaukee thinks you, my dear little boy, lack a little bit of motivation :)  So I suppose not a huge shocker that Mr. Laid Back just doesn't feel the need to roll on command and you must have us all figured out - we make silly faces, move toys around and you'll reach for them and then say ah...I just don't care that much about those silly faces and cool toys.  You have us all figured out don't you? But we keep trying and you've finally started to do a little rolling
  • You have so much hair!  We are to the point now where we do actually shampoo your hair and comb it - it has a tendency to get a little out of control.  It's still very red and we still get comments from just about every stranger that see's us 'oh my..he has red hair' and we politely say 'thank you, yes we did realize he had red hair' - ha!
  • A shot after swimming with the windows down....this is all-natural :)
  • You love daycare - you go to Mandie's house every morning and she treats you like one of her own.  Mandie loves to have you outside, she has a huge yard and even a pond with a few little ducks that you love to go see.  You play so good with Reagan and Charlie who are the other 'regulars' at Mandies.  Mandie is always sure to put lots of sunscreen on my fair skinned baby boy and your dad laughs at me because everyday we pick you up and you've been outside I say "Connor smells like vacation" - really it's the smell of sunscreen but I guess in my head I associate it with vacation - ha! 
  • You are the happiest baby in the morning.  I, myself, am not even remotely close to being a morning person but I cannot help but smile when I pick you up out of your crib or your Dad brings you to our bed and you have such a huge smile.  Wish I could capture your emotions in the morning in a bottle and bring it out a few times during the day when I could use a little sunshine.
  • You aren't crawling but you are definitely in motion.  If we lay you on your back you will scoot with your legs to the complete other side of the room.  Maybe it's genetic - I did the exact same thing....so funny!  I'll try to scan in the picture of me doing it and now you doing it :)
  • You are good at sharing and love playing with your cousin Grace.
  • You eat like a champ - so far you've had Oatmeal, Barley, Rice, Green Peas, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Acorn Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Avocados, Bananas and Pears.  So far the only thing you haven't liked is Avocados - we're going to try again though!  You also enjoy a good Gerber Sweet Potatoe Puff every once and a while as a little treat!  We're trying to limit the fruits right now and focusing on the veggies.  Next on the list of things we're going to try are Black Beans (one of Grace's favorites), Zucchini and Asparagus.  So far all of your baby food has been homemade and I'm hoping I can keep up with it.
  • We've tried the sippy cup and you have no interest - ha! We'll keep trying but for right now you look at it like any other 'toy' that you can throw around :) 
  • You are in size 3 diapers and size 4's are definitely not too big. 
  • You are wearing size 3+ in shoes already, though you much prefer nothing on your feet at all. 
  • You still sleep really good - we sometimes have a little trouble getting you down at night but generally speaking you are asleep by 9:30pm and up at 6:00am - I'll take it! :)
  • You still love swimming - you have started to kick and definitely have figured out how to splash.  One of the things they teach in the class is how to hold onto the side of the pool and when you grab on you have quite a grip!  You also will go under water without issue and loved the class where you had your little life jacket on and floated all on your own.  Swimming is still every Wednesday and we've renewed for the next session since you love it so much. 
  • Your eyes are not almost fully brown - they are just beautiful!
  • You are growing so fast we wish the clock would slow down just a little bit but excited to see what the future holds for you! 

2 comments:

  1. Funny, my family uses the phrase "smell like sun". I don't know how one can actually smell like the sun but that's what they used to say when I would come inside the house after playing outside all day.

    P.S. We really need to try skype because I want to hear the giggle too!

    ReplyDelete