Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pay it Forward

A friend sent me a link to a Facebook page titled "Postcards for Bryan" and when I went to the page I read the following:

There's a boy in Omaha who's fighting cancer right now, and he and his family won't be taking a summer vacation this year due to the treatment regimen. His dad has asked that everyone send postcards from their travels this summer or from any location outside of Omaha, and the family is plotting them together on a giant map. If you would like to brighten this little boy's day, here's the address:

Bryan Botkin
P.O. Box 492
Boystown, NE 68010

His family has given us permission to post a link to his CaringBridge website. Bryan just started treatment for Ewing's Sarcoma - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bryanbotkin

I often find myself wondering - why does cancer exist?  why does it take the ones we love?  Well I will hope and pray that this Bryan (who I do not know) is a survivor.  If you have an opportunity to send a postcard consider doing it - sometimes it's the smallest things in life that make the biggest difference.  Will you ever know the impact your $.99 card + $.28 postcard stamp had?  Probably not - but there is nothing wrong sending it on just the small chance it will brighten the face of this young little warrior. 

So I ask....pay it forward - post it on your blog, Facebook page, send it to friends and know for the bargain price of $1.27 you've impacted a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment